Purpose of the DRFFA
• TO TAKE SUCH ACTION AS NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE TO PROTECT RETIREMENT BENEFITS.
• TO PROVIDE AN ORGANIZATION TO PROMOTE AND SPONSOR ACTIVITIES FOR THE MUTUAL BENEFIT OF ALL MEMBERS.
• TO PERFORM SUCH ACTIVITIES AS MAY BE DEEMED BENEFICIAL TO THE ORGANIZATION BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
• TO PROVIDE SUCH MEANS AS ARE NECESSARY TO FINANCE THIS ORGANIZATION AND THE ACTIVITIES WHICH IT SPONSORS.
• TO PROVIDE CULTURAL AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE DALLAS RETIRED FIRE FIGHTERS ASSOCIATION.
• TO COMMUNICATE PERTINENT RETIREE INFORMATION TO THE MEMBERSHIP.
WHO MAY JOIN: all retired fire fighters of the City of Dallas, their spouses or surviving spouses.
MEMBERSHIP DUES: $5.00 per family per month by Pension Benefit Deduction or $60.00 annually by check to the Treasurer of the DRFFA.
ACTIVITIES AND OTHER BENEFITS:
• DRFFA Denny Burris Scholarship Fund
• Annual Picnic
• Pension Trustee Forums
• Retirees Travel Club
• Flower Fund
• Walk of Honor
• Last Alarm Bells and Honor Guard
• PAC Fund for City of Dallas Elections
• Website and e-mail notifications of newsworthy items.
• “Fireline Magazine” from DFFA-IAFF Local 58